Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Out with the Old in with the New

Happy New Year 2014!

2013 was a very trying year for us. There are so many reasons to look at 2013 as the worst year ever, we lost our home to a fire, I had a miscarriage, Hubby went into the hospital for a severe blood infection on Dec. 20th and is currently still there and finally getting better, but it also is the year we discovered my need/want for being a sub and the hubby's need/want for being a  dom. So I choose to look at 2013 as an incredibly positive year.

We are truly enjoying the discovering/learning process of TTWD. For the first time in my 47 years of life I have begun to find true peace.  I would have said and happiness, except I have known true happiness the last 17 years (15 married) with Hubby.

I have to admit when we discovered TTWD I became a lurker. It was all in the name of research and an insecure need to feel like I wasn't different or strange for what I wanted and enjoyed. I came across all types of D/S people and realized, its not about acceptance of others, its about finding out and acting on what makes you happy. After coming across http://blissfullysubmissive.blogspot.com/ and seeing all she has been experiencing and her bravery, self-assuredness or whatever it is that has made her ability to share her experiences possible, I felt the need to finally un-lurk myself and let her know how much she has meant to us, even though we have never met. "Mickey, you Rock!"

Hopefully, I will get to blogging soon, but right now, its time to prepare things for Hubby's return home from the hospital. Things are looking up.

Hope 2014 is a great year!




2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I hope that 2014 is a great year for you too; it sounds as 2013 brought you much stress. My husband and i discovered TTWD this year during a stressful time in our marriage and i came here to find answers and sort out my thoughts. Mickey's was one of the first ones that i lurked on as i started my own blog. This community is incredibly welcoming and supportive. I hope your husband continues to get better and i look forward to reading about your journey. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you scarlet. Hope this year is a great one for you! I "lurked" your blog too recently. Thanks for admitting you were a lurker too at one time. Seems Mickey is a great influence on us lurkers, she helps us to come out of the shadows and meet some really great people. Nice to meet you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete